Make Custom Brushes In Minutes
There are some quick makeup tips you can use today to start getting the most from your cosmetic brushes. You can alter your beauty products with these makeup artist secrets that reveal how professionals create their own makeup applicators. This is an easy method to make custom eye shadow brushes in just minutes.
Makeup Artist Tools
When it comes to quick makeup tips, makeup artists know that a great brush makes application fast and easy.
Some of the best makeup brushes actually start as experiments for making cosmetic application easier.
Brushes that come with most makeup products are perfect for experimenting with.
You can trim them yourself into different shapes like angled brushes or shorter smudge brushes.
When you find a shape you love applying makeup with then invest in a good professional makeup brush.
The best makeup brushes are for everyone!
Makeup Tools In Minutes
Here are a few quick makeup tips that will show you how to make two custom brushes for eye makeup.
Making Angled Brushes:
1. Choose a thin flat eye makeup brush that comes as an extra in kits.
2. Wet the brush totally with water so that all the fine hairs are soaked.
3. Press the brush between your index finger and thumb to flatten it and remove the excess water.
4. Use a pair of sharp scissors with blades that make a straight cut.
5. Again, hold the brush tip between your thumb and index finger and press down.
6. Cut at a slightly slanted angle across the tip.
7. Let the brush dry naturally on a paper towel.
You can use this brush to easily smudge eyeliner along the lash line. Other quick makeup tips for working with the brush include applying eye shadow under your eyes or use the color as a soft eye liner.
The tip can be used to apply a lighter highlight at the inner lid of your eye. It’s also great for making a definition highlight under your eyebrow.
This is a variation of the above method. It’s done in the same manner, but this time choose a round brush. Round smudge brushes soften the eye makeup lines, that’s why they work so well for smokey eye makeup styles.
1. The key to making your own is to shorten the tip. It’s best to do this in stages.
2. Start by wetting the tip just like you did above.
3. Cut straight across the brush tip. Remember, the shorter you trim the stiffer the bristles will become. So it’s best to only trim a little at a time.
Professional Brush Shapes
Once you feel comfortable trimming your own brushes with these quick makeup tips, then take your skills to a new level. Whenever you see a pro makeup brush you like, see if you have an old unused brush and try copying the shape.
Don’t worry if you don’t get your first brush right. Take your mistakes and just trim the bristles down. Then use the brush for coloring in face charts.
When you see how great your favorite brushes work, think about investing in a professional brush set. They’re worth every penny!