Top Makeup Artist Tips
New tips for applying makeup are always fun to try and these makeup tips are some of the favorite tricks professional makeup artists use. You’ll find out how to select the best makeup colors, create your own makeup tools and work with makeup palette colors. Find out how to look your best today!
The Best Makeup Colors
One of the most frequent questions makeup artists are asked with regard to tips for applying makeup is which colors should be used. There are a number of ways to choose colors that work.
One of the best ways is to start by focusing on your eye color to see which colors will complement your own complexion:
Makeup Tools And Alternatives
Professional makeup tools are the best choice for cover looks, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create your best look without them. You can make brushes in minutes using the instructions on Quick Makeup Tips for customizing brushes. Here are a few pro tips for applying makeup that work great, too:
- Heated Eyelash Curler – They work wonders to create longer lashes, but there is another method. It’s possible to warm a metal eyelash curler with your blow dryer. Just make sure that it is warm, not hot to the touch, and be careful when curling your eyelashes.
- Eyebrow Brush – It’s a must have item for natural makeup looks. When you don’t have one, then an extra toothbrush works wonders. If you spray it with hairspray and then brush you eyebrows, you’ll find that they stay in place better.
- Makeup Wedges – White makeup wedges should be in every makeup artists kit. You can create shapes that work better for you by just trimming them with a small pair of scissors. Make ones with a more pointed tip for working with eye makeup. They’re perfect for touching up your makeup as explained on the makeup application tips page.
- Cotton Swabs – You can apply eye makeup with them, but they also work great for touching up eyeliner mistakes. Simply dab in a little baby oil first and then gently wipe the eyeliner off.
Remember, you can use all of these items to work with your makeup palette. In fact, if your palette and tools in a makeup bag, you’ll have them whenever you need them.
Combination Makeup Palettes
Once you have a good idea of which colors work for you then try a makeup palette. Makeup artists usually have lots of different makeup palettes to work with and they interchange the makeup colors.
Today, one of the hottest trends in makeup is to offer combination makeup palettes. These are an excellent option for getting the best colors that work with each other and you’ll find a makeup palette makes tips for applying makeup simple. You can get the most from your makeup colors by doing this:
1. Take your makeup palette and if there’s a color that you don’t like at all, then simply remove it.
2. Clean the little pan with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
3. Place a clear lip gloss, balm or lipstick in the pan. You’ll work with this in a second.
How To Apply Makeup Colors
You can get a variety of looks from one makeup palette and you’ll find out how with these tips for applying makeup:
- Use the lightest color of eyeshadow, which is usually a highlight color, as shimmer. Take a white makeup wedge, swipe lightly across the shadow color and then apply a smooth layer on the top of your blush color.
- The blush color usually works well for lip color, too. You can apply the blush to your lips and then use the clear lip color over it and it will look just like a lighter lipstick.
- Blush makeup color also work for eyeshadow. Try applying the blush color in the crease of your eye where your own coloring is naturally darker. It will look entirely different that when it’s on your cheeks.
- If you’ve chosen a makeup palette with a brown light matte brown eyeshadow then you can use it to make your face look thinner or contour your cheeks.
- The darkest eyeshadow will work as eyeliner if you dip your brush in a little distilled water before applying it.
- For a soft smokey eye makeup look, take a cotton swab and gently smudge the shadow.
A light brown color can also be used for eyebrows. A cotton swab will all work for this.
- Intensify all your makeup color for evening by using a makeup sponge to apply them, one that has been moistened with distilled water.
Working with makeup today is easier than it’s ever been and with tips for applying makeup should be simple and fun. Grab your favorite makeup palette and start working with your colors to find really neat combinations that work for you.