“You Can Make Them Look Larger!”
Makeup tips for small eyes will help you modify any eye makeup style to work for you. Just because your eyes are small, doesn’t mean you have to pass on your favorite eyeshadow colors or limit yourself to one look. If you use the right makeup application placement, you can even create smokey eyes. Find out how.
Making Small Eyes Look Larger
The trick to creating makeup illusions for reshaping any part of your face is use light and dark colors correctly. One of the best makeup tips for small eyes is to begin with an even skin tone. This means you should do the following:
1. Decrease puffy eyes.
2. Cover dark undereye circles.
3. Apply a light colored eye makeup base.
4. Curl your eyelashes if needed.
After creating the base it’s time to apply color.
“Apply dark eyeshadow colors to the outer areas.”
Eye Makeup Shaping Tips
By using lighter and darker eyeshadow colors you can create an illusion that makes your eyes appear further apart. Here’s how to widen your eyes and make them look more open:
- Use a lighter color such as white or ivory on the eyelid area next to your nose.
- Place a light eyeshadow color like a soft pink or champagne on the eyelid first.
- Medium eyeshadow colors are placed on the outer edge of the eyelid only. They can also be used in the outer crease.
- If you have very little eyelid then redefine the crease area by placing a medium eyeshadow color slightly above the crease rather than in it.
- Eyeliner should extend slightly beyond the outer corner of your eyelids.
- If you want to line the bottom then use a lighter brown color and leave a white space between the top and bottom liner.
- Mascara for the top lashes should be darker than the mascara used on the bottom eyelashes.
- The most important makeup tip for small eyes is to keep the darkest color emphasis on the outer areas of the eyes like shown in the photo above.
Simple makeup tips for small eyes are actually very easy to apply. Open the eyes with shimmer and use medium eyeshadow colors for creating depth. If you want extra emphasis then use a few individual eyelashes just on the outer eye area. You’ll find your eyes look larger instantly.