Do you need a few lipstick tips for natural lip looks? Pale lips done right are a breathtaking fashion statement. Have you ever asked yourself why the faces of models sporting sultry smokey eyeshadow and pale lipstick grace the covers of magazines? Because it’s irresistible. This is an easy look to get, but there’s a right way and a wrong way. These pro makeup tips will show you how to make this trend work for you.
Perfect Natural Lipstick Colors
Enhanced natural lips are a “pale” or beige shade of your normal lip color. To start define the look you’re shooting for:
- Pale Beige that is opaque and almost white.
- Pale with a beige that has a little brownish tint to it like a mocha.
- Pale with a very light pink or peach color.
- A color that slightly enhances the color of your own lips.
- A neutral in the brown range that offers a punch of color.
Young women can wear all five different versions. Mature women can only get away with the last two.
Prep your lips…make sure you moisturize them the night before and then in the morning exfoliate your lips so they’re smooth!
Lipstick Tips For Going Natural
1. Cover your lips with a dab of foundation. Outline with a natural lipliner for a little more definition. You can blend it in slightly with a lip brush. If you like the color, then just top it off with clear gloss or beige lipgloss. Or…
2. Cover your lips the same way and then top it off with a beige lipstick. You can then top with a gloss if you like. The choice depends on whether you want a matte or shiny look.
3. Do you want a little more color? Use a light pink or peach color lipstick over the lip foundation.
4. Need more color still? Then try enhancing your own lip color like a natural nude lip. Use a spice color of lip pencil and follow the instructions for creating a natural look. You can top it off with a clear gloss.
5. Remember that you can always opt for a neutral look by using a lip color in the brown range. First use a clear lipstick on your lips. Then apply the brown lipstick which will go on sheer. Then, if you need further definition, use your lip pencil over the lipstick.
* IMPORTANT: The key to creating the look with these lipstick tips is balancing it. Add color to your eyes and cheeks. Try a smokey eye look. Or, you can even balance it out with just eyeliner. (There’s a super easy way to apply your eyeliner.)
No matter your age, there is an appropriate enhanced natural lipstick look for you. It’s simply a matter of defining the look that’s right for you and then perfecting the lipstick tips to achieve it. Select a beige lipstick and try it!