Lip balm tubes are more than just handy packaging items. They are the products they can give your cosmetic creations a professional look. There are a variety of ways to package your cosmetics, but these tubes make storing and applying your makeup easy and fun.
Empty Lip Balm Tubes
Lip balm tubes are made for thick cosmetics. Balms tend to have a thicker consistency than lipgloss. How thick the product is will be determined by how much beeswax you include in your cosmetic recipe.
If you want a firmer product you simply add a little bit more of the beeswax.
The advantage of tubes are that they swivel up the product more like a lipstick, but you can use a variety of containers.
Choosing Cosmetic Containers
It used to be that if you wanted to make a lipbalm product — swivel up lipbalms — you had to use an empty Chapstick container. This is still a good choice and they’re excellent for reusing. When you’re ready to add to your collection here are some of the other options you might want to consider:
- Clear Lip Balm Tube – Perfect for showing off your colorful makeup creations.
- Black Lip Balm Tubes – This is an elegant choice and they work especially well if you’re making products that will be used by men.
- Colored Lip Balm Tubes – Fun and inventive, these are a great way to differentiate between flavors. You’ll know immediately when you look for the tube, whether you’ll be tasting vanilla, strawberry, or perhaps chocolate.
- Slider Containers – If you’ve been using mint tins for your products you might like slider containers. Nifty and neat, they’re perfect for carrying small amounts with you wherever you go. You can even find some that will attach to your keychain. They’re easy to fill.
- Glass Lip Balm Containers – There’s no rule that says that you have to use a tube. If you enjoy using small glass containers with screw on tops then by all means do so. It’s great way to recycle cosmetic containers that you might already own and you can decorate the tops.
Lip Balm Tube Labels
Labels are the perfect way to personalize your makeup recipes. You can find stick on labels at any office supply store or even buy them online. Dover publications offer CD-ROMs with old-fashioned labels that are copyright free. You can reduce the size print them out on your printer and affix to the lip balm tubes. Find them on Amazon.
If you have beautiful handwriting why not get a Sharpie marker with a very fine tip point and write the label by hand? It adds a personal touch to your products.
Lip balm tubes can help you keep track of which products are which. You could designate a particular type of container for one special product. If you enjoy making cosmetics then you’ll want to have all different types of containers on hand.