“Best Makeup Tips And Techniques”
How to put on eye makeup is something that every woman struggles with at one time or another. Incorrect eye makeup can look uneven, make you look tired and ruin your entire look. Use thesemakeup tips to correct any problems and start looking your best.
Layer Eye Shadow Colors
When you know how to put on eye makeup you can achieve a look that gives you both style and beautifully blended color.
The color should be even and smooth on your eyelids.
Each eyeshadow color should blend into the color next to it so that you can’t tell where each color starts and ends.
Makeup artists do this by creating a base for the makeup and applying the color in layers to really make it pop!
“Do you know how to put on eye makeup properly?”
- Makeup artist’s know that eyeshadow colors work better when applied over an eyeshadow base color.
- The base can help give clearer color and make highlights stand out. If it’s a dark base it can be used to deepen the color.
- When you want to learn how to put on eye makeup then always start with the base. Use a pro product that you can buy online.
- Matte cream eyeshadow works great as a base. Your other option would be to use a cosmetics concealer for discoloration. Oil-free foundation can be used as a substitute.
Try this out. Take a creamy matte white eyeshadow base and apply it to the back of your hand. Use a light color of eyeshadow and apply it both over the white and over the skin you didn’t cover. Notice that the light color really “pops” on the white, but it more subtle on your skin. That’s why a magazine cover eye makeup look appears different than when you put your eye makeup on.
Applying Eyeshadow Colors
Choose 2 or 3 eyeshadow colors for your look. It’s best to begin with sheer eyeshadow colors and use a coordinated eye makeup palette.
1. For the easiest look apply a medium shade on your lid to above the crease.
2. Then apply a slightly darker color in the crease and just slightly above it.
3. Use a light highlight color to emphasize under your eyebrows.
4. Angle upward with your colors. It will “lift” your eye makeup look and you’ll appear more wide awake.
5. Blend with a clean brush or use a small fan brush.
6. A light dab of color on the inner corner of your eyes next to your nose gives you a refreshed appearance.
Eyeshadow doesn’t have to be applied underneath your eyes, but it is a fun way to wear color for evening looks and fantasy makeup looks.
Getting Eye Makeup Right
If you are just learning how to put on eye makeup, then start off with a makeup palettes which will work for most eyes or go with natural colors.
These pages on Makeup Notebook will give you more information:
Make sure you use a good eye makeup brush. This should be your one big makeup expenditure. ReadHow To Put On Eyeshadow for tips on the right brush and how to work with it.
If you have an idea in mind, then just sketch it out first in your own makeup notebook and play around with the colors before trying them on. Keep in mind that color looks different on every woman.
Once you know how to put on eye makeup, you’ll be able to copy any look or create your own.