A Quick Start Guide
Learning how to apply eye shadow is a simple process if you know how professional makeup artists actually go about creating versatile eye makeup looks. It’s not a difficult process, in fact it’s super simple. This Eye Shadow Quick Start Guide will show you the insider makeup tips for creating three different looks you can wear for a variety of occasions.
Eye Shadow Application Steps
Before you learn how to apply eye shadow, it’s important to prepare the under eye area first. There are four simple steps for this first look and then you’ll see how to transform the techniques:
1. Start by applying light undereye moisturizer to the eye area. It needs to soak in for a few seconds. Use your best undereye concealer to spot conceal discoloration.
2. The best eyeshadow colors that can be used for a number of different makeup styles are medium neutral eyeshadow colors such as deep beige, peach or bronze. Brown eyeshadow works, too.
3. Apply your chosen eye makeup color from the base of the upper eyelid lashes all the way up to the brow bone. This is the classic method that makeup artists use for a natural look.
4. Apply one coat of mascara to finish the look.
Use eyeshadow for captivating makeup looks!
Evening Eye Makeup Looks
Once you’ve learned how to apply eyeshadow with the above method, then it’s time to transform your basic look into an evening look. It’s not difficult to learn how to apply eyeshadow for a formal eye makeup look, but like with anything else, it will take a little time.
When you’re ready to take the basic day look into the evening then try this method for how to apply eye shadow the quick way.
1. Take your favorite color of a creamy eyeliner pencil.
3. Color a little on your fingertip.
4. With the tip of your finger simply “smudge” the color lightly onto the outer crease area in a little triangle shape. Makeup artists use their fingers all the time to apply makeup.
This also works for smokey eyes, and you can even use your finger to simply smudge one color of eyeshadow over your entire lid.
You’ll want to further emphasize your eyelashes for evening, so go ahead and add another coat of mascara to your outer eyelashes.
The technique you’ve just learned will give your eye makeup a more polished look. Sometimes you want a more festive look and there’s a way to do that…
Festive Eye Makeup Looks
When you want to know how to apply eye shadow for a festive look, just keep in mind that you want shimmer. Shimmer is the key to most evening and holiday makeup looks.
- Dab a shimmer eye shadow on your brow bone or you can actually use just one shimmer color over your entire eye.
- Try using an eyeshadow that compliments your eye color.
Do you need to know the perfect eye makeup color for your eyes? Then refer to these pages to select one:
You can even wear one of the new mascaras that complement eye colors. Try it on just the tips of your eyelashes to see if it works for you. Do you know that blue mascara can make your eyes look refreshed?
If you want to go totally wild, rather than festive, then take a look at these Halloween makeup ideasand put the focus on your eyes.
It doesn’t take a lot of different eye shadow colors to give yourself a new look. Sometimes, it is more about the method used for how to apply eye shadow then it is the color. Makeup artists can use a limited makeup palette and get a variety of professional looks by layering colors one on top of the other. Try it!