Simple, Amazing, Quick!
Amazing Halloween Makeup Tutorial
When you’re first learning how to apply Halloween makeup it’s natural that you might feel a little timid about designing a unique style. This tutorial is all about starting with a basic look using a limited color palette. It begins by laying the foundation, designing a painted on eye mask for a truly unique look. It’s a sexy look that’s actually very beautiful because it plays upon the the concept of lace. Black is what makes it work. Yes, you can turn it into a scary makeup look, too
Cosmetic Supply List
Here’s what you’ll need to grab out of your makeup kit to get this look. Chances are you probably have most of these items already:
- Makeup Primer
- Mineral Veil or Powder
- Black Eyeliner Pen
- False Eyelashes
- Natural Lipstick Color or Lipstain Pen
- White Opaque Lipstick or Face Paint
Face Painting The Look
It’s important when you’re practicing how to apply Halloween makeup to use a makeup primer. It will keep the makeup on the top of your skin because it creates a barrier between your skin and the cosmetic product you are using. Foundation applied on top of the primer creates a second thin barrier. You can use a cheap foundation for this if you want. Keep the foundation your skin tone or lighter.
Now comes the fun! Grab that black eyeliner pen and get ready to rock your look. This look calls for a sexy mask that’s entirely painted on. The tiny leaves and ovals mimick the look of lace. Ooh la la!
1. Start by leaving a wide area around your eye uncovered. Even though it looks like the leaves go close to the above model’s eyes, they do not. Take a closer look and you’ll see that there’s room for eyeshadow as well as false eyelashes.
2. Line your eyelids with the black eyeliner.
3. Draw oval leaves side by side going from the bridge of your nose all the way up and around the eyebrow first.
4.Do the same under your eyes, but only do one continuous line.
5. Draw a few extra leaves on the bridge of your nose and then a few above your eyebrows to mix up the look a little.
6. Carefully make a few leaves under your eyebrows. This has a way of making your eyebrows blend into the background of the design.
7. Apply wild black false eyelashes to both your upper and lower lids.
8. Using a natural lipstain pen fill in your lips and allow the product to dry. If you’re taking photos use a small lip brush and draw tiny vertical lines on your lips. If you are wearing the look all evening, apply white lipstick.
Once you’ve got the look and learned how to apply Halloween makeup with these makeup tips then it’s time to experiment doing the look with other colors and cosmetics. Have fun!