How To Create Extreme Makeup Looks
There are some Halloween makeup tips you can use to create your own unique look in just minutes with makeup you probably already have. These ideas play upon each other in levels. You create the base makeup and add a little embellishment to for totally individual designs. It’s easy to do for Halloween or any special event.
Make Your Own Halloween Kits
When you are creating looks for a night of haunting fun the one of the best Halloween makeup tips is to put together your own makeup kit. The best part is you can make your own kit in just minutes.
Start by gathering up the makeup products you are going to use and put them into a box that is separate from your regular makeup.
Halloween kits can be purchased online and you can add your own favorite makeup products to create a custom kit. The makeup tips below will give you ideas for color.
Top off your look with crazy colored contact lenses.
“Halloween makeup can be wildly creative!”
Halloween Makeup Colors
The makeup you want to add to your kit should be eye shadow colors that are both dark and light and richly pigmented. Companies like Graftobian.com offer eye makeup that’s more opaque and works well for Halloween makeup looks.
You definitely want to include a white or light silver eyeshadow to use as highlights. Highlighting actually makes your darker colors appear even deeper. Ben Nye has color wheels including one with metallic colors for beautiful shimmer effects.
Select a dark black eye liner pencil. The self-sharpening kind work the best because they give a finer point. Now, add other colors of your choice. You can even find cheap makeup pencils to use.
If you are doing Halloween vampire makeup, you’ll want to add a red lip pencil, too. Pick up some fangs from Vampfangs.com. Special effects can be created using products from boneyardfx.com.
For fairy makeup choose bright colors. Make sure to add some crystal tattoos to your kit. Now get ready to have some fun with Halloween makeup tips that will show you the order for applying your makeup!
How To Apply Halloween Makeup
1. Before trying out any Halloween makeup tips, first do an allergy test on your inner elbow with the products you are using and wait 24 hours to see if you have a reaction.
2. Plan out your design on paper first using colored pencils. You can use your eye shadows if you use a stiff brush and water color paper. However, (em)never
3. Give your design a trial run before the big event. This will allow you to make any modifications. You won’t be rushed at the last minute.
4. Apply an oil-free makeup primer to your skin. This evens out your skin, creates a barrier, and will help the products glide across your face.
5. Use makeup wedges for apply any large areas of color first. For instance, if you are applying large areas of white makeup as a base, then do that first.
6. Add any slight shimmer or metallic makeup on top that layer. You can even mix a little of the metallic eyeshadow with the makeup itself to apply it. It’s the same technique you use to make body lotionswith. Just make sure to do it separately on either the back of your hand or a little plate.
7. After you have created your lighter base, you may want to add some shadows. Shadows under your eyes or in the hollows of your cheeks will give you a scarier look. Do it by appling colors that contrast. Dark brown or even black over pale foundation works well.
8. Fairy makeup looks are all about color. Use bright pencil colors. If you are going for a one color theme like green, blue or pink, then combine your favorite makeup color with the same color of crystal tattoos.
9. Draw your design lightly. Fill in with eye shadow makeup colors. The technique is explained on theface painting page. Keep in mind that when you do a darker color, applying a lighter color next to it will show it off better. Once you have finished putting your colors on, outline your design again to further define it. You can set your makeup with a light dusting of sheer power.
10. Apply any crystal tattoos you will be wearing to complement your makeup. Crystal tattoos come with adhesive, but if yours are not sticking well, then you can use eyelash adhesive on the backs. Give the eyelash glue and little time to get stick and then just press on.
These Halloween makeup tips are easy for a reason. Planning a simple design, focusing on one area and the adding embellishment will give you a dramatic makeup look that’s picture perfect. You’ll be able to have a night of fun without worrying about your makeup smearing. When you are finished for the night, simply remove the makeup with baby oil and wash your face.