Go Wild By Focusing On Your Eyes
Halloween makeup ideas should be fun and simple to do at the same time. It’s a time to get creative with makeup – one day out of the year where anything goes.
You’ll be amazed at what you can actually do with your ordinary cosmetics just by thinking outside of the box!
Emphasize With Color
The easiest way to alter your look with makeup is to focus on your eyes. That’s because we naturally tend to look at another person’s eyes first.
Eye makeup pencils such as eyeliners and eyeshadow crayons make doing looks for Halloween a breeze. Try a colorful look first. When you’ve mastered it delve into dark mysterious looks.
Top With Metallic Eyeshadow Colors Or Glitter.
Easy Halloween Makeup
1. Start by applying a makeup primer to your face. It will help the shadows go on smoother, adhere better and last longer.
2. Then put on foundation one shade lighter than you normally wear. You can also use it on your lips if you are going for a “lighter than nude” look. Powder your face lightly to set.
3. Use an eye shadow base or an oil-free foundation in the eye area.
4. Apply a dark color of eyeshadow in a design as your base but don’t worry about getting definition at this point.
5. To draw your design use dark colors of eyeliner pencils. Wet ‘n Wild usually has a good selection of darker pencils.
6. If you want a design similar to the model above then apply the dark color on your eyelid almost all the way up to your eyebrows. Apply the same color below your eyes.
7. Take a purple pencil and a lighter violet pencil and begin drawing strokes from the outer corner of your eye downwards. Alternate the colors. If you find that they are smearing you can touch them up with a cotton swab.
8. Apply a thin coat of black eyeliner. Try the easy eyeliner method.
9. Top with a coat of black mascara for longer eyelashes.
10. Finish off the look with shimmer highlighter on your temples, chin and the bridge of your nose.
Dark Halloween Look
When you’ve tried the above look then it’s time to try some dark Halloween makeup ideas.It’s just as easy to do. The only difference is that you substitute a pewter, deep gray or black eyeshadow for the colorful ones you used above.
The steps are the same but use a black eyeliner pencil in place of the purple and violet ones. White eyeshadow can be used to create the look of tears. Top with long black spiky false eyelashes.
Finish With Lipstick
When you are evaluating Halloween makeup ideas think about doing something totally different with lipstick. Think about going much lighter or darker than you normally would.
If you want the look of “bitten” lips then just leave the foundation off of your lips and apply a deep berry color of lip stain or use a dark red lipstick like you would with vampire makeup.
Simple Makeup Tip: You can give your lipstick a matte look by lightly dusting with translucent powder.
How To Remove Makeup:
There’s an easy way to take off your makeup. Use baby oil which is basically mineral oil. Wipe it off gently. Then wash your face with your favorite cleanser.
Try out your Halloween makeup ideas about a week before the day arrives. That way you’ll have time to refine the look and adapt it to your own personal style without being rushed at the last minute.