Dark And Mysterious Looks
Halloween eye makeup captures the best of dark beauty with hauntingly beautiful color combination. The best designs make use of contrasting color – light and dark – to create an edgy makeup look. You can use cosmetics you already own, apply them differently and add a pair of wild contact lenses for one of the most creative makeup looks you’ll ever wear.
Dramatic Halloween Makeup
There are a number Halloween eye makeup application techniques which enable you to create different looks.
The ideas on Makeup Notebook focus on using a limited coloreyeshadow palettes and applying makeup the easy way.
The dramatic look shown here can be done with basic eyeshadow colors like black, brown and white.
Just add a pair of fantasy contact lenses to take your look over the top.
Let your imagination run wild with haunting eye makeup.
Halloween Eye Makeup Application
Gather the following items together along with your favorite makeup brushes and sponges. These are very basic colors. Once you’ve created the look remember that you can also add shimmer to it.
- Black eyeshadow or dark gray eyeshadow
- White eyeshadow or white creme eyeshadow
- Bronze eyeshadow or deep brown eyeshadow
- Black liquid eyeliner
- Cosmetics concealer and eye makeup primer
- Contouring foundation or blush
How To Create The Look Step-By-Step
1. Start by applying a light foundation makeup to your entire face.
2. Then use concealer to your undereye area to cover any dark undereye circles.
3. Next apply an eye makeup primer to your eyelids to help your eyeshadow adhere and last longer.
4. Apply a dark brown eyeshadow or deep bronze eyeshadow in the crease of your eyelid. Focus on keeping the color on the outer crease and extend it all the way up to the eyebrow.
5. Take your white eyeshadow and apply it to the lower eyelid on the outer corners, extending it outward all the way to where your eyebrow ends.
6. Now take the white eyeshadow and apply it to the inner corners of your eyelid. This will actually emphasis where you are going to apply the eyeliner.
7. Lightly apply a little white just under the arch of the eyebrow. Blend it into the brown color with either your finger or a makeup brush.
8. Brush gray eyeshadow or black eyeshadow over the tops of your eyebrows all the way down the sides of your nose.
9. Apply gray or black over the bridge of your nose to create a mask effect.
10. Dip a liner brush in distilled water and pick up a little of the gray eyeshadow. Apply it by whisking on lines under your eyes. Brush outward onto the top of your cheeks. Make them darker as they get to the outer eye area.
11. Use eyeliner on both the top and under your eyes. Extend the line down the inner corner next to your nose. On the outer eye extend it up to the brow.
12. Emphasize your eyebrows with brown eyeshadow. Use a contouring blush under your cheekbones and create a pale lipstick look. You want the emphasis on your eyes.
As you can see, Halloween eye makeup can be done with a minimum makeup palette and a few skills. It really is as easy as drawing on a design and popping in a pair of special effect contact lenses. Wear it with attitude!