Beauty With An Edge
Goth makeup is totally individualized edgy makeup. Goth makeup tips focus on defining your signature look and using the best products to create it. Because this is a dark makeup look, you’ll need products that not only stay on, but last all day. Once you know how to create the look you can alter it with ease while still being true to your unique style!
Pro Tips For Pale Foundation
It’s true that pale foundation is the basis for this look. The difference between a good makeup look and “Goth gone wrong” is how you apply it. One goth makeup tip that you can focus on immediately is applying your makeup in layers. Here’s how to get your look right:
1. Start by doing microdermabrasion skin care with either a kit or use a sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin.
2. Apply a foundation primer . Foundation makeup glides over a primer and stays on longer, too. The best type to use is one that is oil-free.
3. Choose a good full coverage foundation . The better ones actually go on in a light layer. Caked on makeup looks so artificial that the focus will be on your makeup and not you – a big no, no for any self-respecting Goth. A spray-on foundation or airbrush makeup works best for this because it goes on lightly while still giving maximum coverage. If you need to, you can blend afterward with a makeup sponge.
4. Skip the white foundation. In order to make your face look more pale, simply select a foundation one to two shades lighter than your normal makeup. You can also apply one layer of a lighter foundation and the follow with a layer of mineral veil. It give the same effect and while still appearing more sheer.
5. You can give your skin a more luminous look by wearing a makeup primer with light reflective pigments and then applying foundation on top.
Goth Eye Makeup
Goth makeup tips always emphasize using black for eyeliner for the eyes. That’s because it works! There are other choices, too. You can dark eye liners in the deepest purples and midnight blues. They have they have the same effect, but with an added bonus – those colors can enhance your eye color.
Goth makeup tips for eyes:
1. Apply black eyeshadow with the techniques on the How To Put On Eyeshadow . By using a slanted brush, you’ll be able to blend your eye shadow evenly.
2. Use a light highlighter on the inner corner of your eyes and also highlight under your eyebrow. You can choose a white or ivory highlighter or even a the lightest of pinks. Ones with a little shimmer will actually make the black eyeshadow look even darker.
3. Apply eyeliner in a thin line first. Smudge it with either a smudge brush or a cotton tip swab. Then apply your eyeliner a second time. This will help it to stay on longer. You can even thicken the line if you want.
4. Finish off your smoky eye makeup look with several coats of thick fluffy mascara. For evenings out you can also use eyelash extensions or one of the newer mascaras with lash fibers in them.
Dark Lipstick – Gloss or Matte
Red lipstick. Deep berry lipstick. Purple lipstick and even Black lipstick. They’re all right for goth makeup looks. The best looks are done with the deepest purple berry shades, so dark that they almost appear black. Here’s the key to making it stay:
Use a dark color of lip stain first. Then apply your first coat of lipstick, followed by a top layer of gloss. You can tint your lip glosses even darker with the instructions on the lip gloss recipes page. You can even make your own custom dark lipstick shades by blending your favorite shades with part of darker lipstick. It only takes a few seconds in your microwave.
Applying Shimmer Makeup
Skip the glitter – too messy! Instead just use a metallic eyeshadow or metallic shimmer. It will have the same effect, last longer, and won’t fall off on the floor.
If you practice just a few of these Goth makeup tips, you’ll have the perfect dark makeup look that will work for you anytime.!