How To Wear Black Eyeshadow.
Dark eyeshadows can be tricky to work with. These ten gothic eye makeup tips will show you the key to gorgeous gothic looks that are enticing. You can use both makeup and colored contact lenses for intense looks. Read how to keep your makeup strikingly beautiful.
Ten Gothic Eyeshadow Tips
1. Cover any undereye discoloration with concealer. You want to bring attention to your lids not undereye circles.
2. Use an eyeshadow base to make your shadows adhere better and last longer.
4. Contrast is essential to this look. If you wear dark eyeshadow balance it with lighter color under the browbone.
5. Place a highlight of white or pink eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes. It makes small eyes appear wider, too.
6. Make your dark shadows pop by using white, ivory, silver or gold on the browbone.
7. Try using two colors. For more visual contrast place gray on the crease areas and layer your black eyeshadow over it on the outer corners.
8. Keep outer shadows moving upward. This lifts the eye and is more attractive!
9. If you place a highlight on the outer corner of your eyes, under your shadow and tilting upward it will actually highlight the shadow even further.
10. You can use your black powdered eyeshadow as eyeliner. Just dip your brush in distilled water, then shadow and apply. The easy eyeliner technique shows you how to get it right every time.
Long Thick Eyelashes
“Since you’ve got them, why not flaunt them?”
Flirtatious divas know the benefits of having beautiful thick eyelashes. Play yours up by using several coats of a thickening mascara.
You’ll need to brush between coats and the makeup tips on the smudge proof mascara page will show you a neat new way to do it. When using these gothic eye makeup tips remember that only black mascara will do.
If you need thicker lashes and mascara isn’t working for you, then it’s time to create the look using false eyelashes. If you’re keeping it real just use half of the eyelash strip and put in on your outside eyelashes. Then coat them with mascara.
Then again, if you prefer extreme looks you could even wear two pair – or go with long, think, spiky ones!
Gothic eye makeup tips are for looks that move beyond the ordinary. It’s more than just about creating a makeup look – It’s about flaunting attitude!