Creating Elegance The Easy Way
Formal eye makeup tips are for creating looks that are elegant. It’s artistic application that is precise, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be difficult. By using certain types of eyeshadow and eyeliner products you can actually create elegant styles with a minimum of skill. You’ll be surprised at what you can do with just a few brushes and eyeshadows.
Elements of Beautiful Eye Makeup Designs
The easiest way to visualize the application of formal eye makeup tips and what you can actually achieve is by looking at model photos of elegant makeup application by professional makeup artists. This photo is a perfect example of a simple yet truly beautiful eye makeup for blue eyes design. The central elements of the look are:
- Highlight Eyeshadow
- Gold Eyeshadow
- Taupe Eyeshadow
- Black Liquid Eyeliner
- Black Mascara
- Shaped Eyebrows
Formal Eye Makeup Step-By-Step
Here are the formal eye makeup tips to create this design step-by-step. You’ll begin with applying the eye makeup primer or eye makeup base, then apply your eyeshadow colors, highlight and finish up the the look:
1. Use an eye makeup primer both above and below the eye. It covers imperfections and helps your eyeshadows adhere.
2. Use a gold eyeshadow in either a powder or creme form and apply it to the upper eyelid and into the crease.
3. Apply eyeshadow in a taupe color to the crease area. Begin at the corner of the inner eye and extend it outward slightly beyond the outside of the eye. Make sure to keep the color above the lower lash line.
4. Place a highlight eyeshadow at the inner corner of the eyes and just under the arch of the eyebrow.
5. Place a second line of highlighter under the eye going from the outer corner of your eye and extending up to meet the taupe color. It should form a sideways > shape.
6. Apply a liquid or gel eyeliner to the upper eyelid and tilt the end slight upward. This is called a fishtail. Line the bottom lid with an eyeshadow. Learn how to put on eyeliner the easy way. You can use distilled water and a brush. Place the line of eyeliner close to the lower lashes.
7. Finish the look by shaping your eyebrows and applying a black mascara.
The best formal eye makeup tips are these: Keep it simple and use contrasting colors. Light and dark work together. If you can apply eyeshadow and line your eyes you can create a dramati eye makeup look with ease.