Sensational Color Secrets
Fall makeup is an invitation to explore sensational new colors with richer pigments. It’s the perfect time to bring focus to your eyes and lips. Whether it’s a deep neutral lip color or the addition of a new smoky eye makeup look, there’s an autumn look for you. With a few new makeup tips you’ll be able to quickly achieve the skills to get the best from this season’s makeup palettes.
Fall Makeup Trends
Every fall makeup season brings a slightly different look to the runways. Eye makeup goes deeper and is set off with either a darker red or berry lipstick look or those gorgeous deep neutral pouts that work perfectly with darker eyeshadows. These makeup trends work:
- Smokey eye makeup set off with a deep neutral lipstick color.
- Eyeshadow both above and below the eyes, smudged ever so lightly.
- Elegant brown eye shadow for a one color eye makeup look – a true classic.
- Red lipstick and berry lipstick looks, sometimes topped with a slight glimmer of gloss.
- Gorgeous natural makeup looks with berry lipstain colors and slightly flushed cheeks.
- Beautiful complexions with matte foundation enhanced by slight shimmer.
- Entrancing evening looks with added depth to the eyes and shine to the lips.
“Purple eyeshadow works beautifully for evening!”
Fall Makeup Tips
Think of fall makeup as a time for sensational skin with color as the complement. Start by giving your complexion a boost with skin treatments and primer makeup. Use these makeup tips to create a style you’ll love wearing this year:
1. Start with smokey eyes. There really is a look for everyone. Try gray or brown eyeshadow for your first look. Then line your eyes with a deeper color or try a burgundy eyeliner with brown eyeshadow for an evening look. Need a little extra help? There’s a really quick method to get your eyeshadow right in seconds. Just click eyeshadow tips.
2. Still timid about putting on eyeliner? Don’t be! There’s a super simple model’s method to get it right every time. If you’ve never worn eyeliner or struggle with yours this method will have you creating an even line in no time. Start with a dry powder and a flat brush – then try the new liquid eyeliner colors. Learn how to put on eyeliner.
3. Love those red lipstick looks! Red lipstick is front and center and there really is a red lipstick for everyone. It’s just a matter of how it’s applied. Even if you’re a little timid you can still apply it very sheer by layering it over a lip balm or gloss. You can even dilute the color with these lip gloss recipes.
4. Natural makeup looks are easy using mineral makeup foundation and lipstain pens. The trick to the perfect makeup look with mineral makeup is in the brush you use and the blending technique. Apply primer makeup to smooth over imperfections, then use your mineral foundation. Lipstain pens can be used with just one coat or darken the color with additional coats. Oops…too dark? Just add a dab of shimmer lipgloss over it. You can add a slight powder shimmer to your cheekbones for a radiant healthy look.
5.Evening means soft lighting. That calls for more intense color. This is the time to add colors with higher pigment concentration. Start by defining the intensity to your outer eyelid crease areas. Add an eyeliner and emphasize your eyelashes with either a lash lengthening mascara or false eyelashes. Then apply a perfect pout. Mineral veil makeup will capture the light and reflect it back, creating the look of smooth complexion.
Check out the new cosmetic collections at the beginning of each fall makeup season and think about adding an unexpected element to your look. If you’ve always loved natural, go deeper with berry colors or try using an eyeliner close to your lash line. If you’re a redhead this is the season to stock up. The colors are perfect for you!