Airbrush Tanning Tips
Guess what? The best beach tans come from a can! Fake tan spray has now been perfected for at home use. If you love the tanned look you get from a professional spray tan, chances are you’ll love these products, too.
Why Makeup Artists Prefer Spray Tanning
These new bronzing products are winners because:
- You determine the level of intensity.
- A fine micro mist spray insures even tans.
- Hard to reach areas are no longer a problem.
- They dry in just a few seconds.
- Spot touch ups are quick and easy.
“You’ll love having a beautiful airbrushed tan!”
Airbrush Spray Tanning Technique
1. Exfoliate and moisturize – Preparation is the key to a great tan. Exfoliate first with a Homemade Sugar Scrub.
2. Cover your hair by putting on a shower cap. Leave your ears sticking out. Make sure the cap is all the way up to the hairline.
3. Spread petroleum jelly on your fingernails and toenails and eyebrows to keep them from getting stained.
4. Spray in the shower or outdoors! Some of the spray mist will naturally extend beyond where you are directing it. You’ll be spraying about 6 inches away from your body.
5. Begin with your feet and work upwards. You want to use the product in a sweeping motion and keep it in constant motion. (Make sure to use just a little around the dry areas of your knees, elbows and ankles.)
6. To spray your face, spray a little of the product into your hands and then apply to your face.
7. Let the fake tan spray dry for the recommended amount of time before dressing. Some of the newer spray tans dry very quickly.
Enhance Your Spray On Tan
Ready to enhance your tan with makeup? Just use either a Matte Bronzer or a Loose Powder Bronzer.Top off the total look by wearing a tinted lip balm or gloss. You can look tan year round with these tips, just remember to apply your fake tan spray in light layers during the winter months.
Makeup Notebook Selections
Do you need more makeup tips for selecting one? If you want a fake tan spray that gives good results and looks even then try one of these. These sprays are proven winners:
Fake Bake Instant Self-Tanning Spray – Surely you’ve heard of Fake Bake. Now Fake Bake offers a flawless airbrush tanning product. It contains two tanning agents for a deeper tan.
Neutrogena® MicroMist™ Tanning – The mist is fine and it also gives even coverage. An added plus is that it drys in 5 minutes. It’s non-comedogenic so it won’t clog your pores.
L’Oreal Sublime Bronze, ProPerfect Airbrush Self-Tanning Mist – If you love L’Oreal’s self-tanning towelettes – and who doesn’t – then you’re to love this product as well. The fine micro-mist dries in less than 5 minutes, making it perfect to spray ‘n go.
* If you are new to using spray tanning products, then use your regular product first. The next day apply your spray on product for more even coverage.