Fun With Stencils And Pencils
One of the newest trends in fantasy makeup fun is fairy makeup. Fairy Makeup Tips for creating colorful face painting looks that enchant children and adults alike are simple to implement. When fairies turn out in force, whether it’s a small party or a large festival, it’s sure to be a spectacular sight!
Easy Fantasy Makeup
Designing unique fairy face makeup looks is easy using stencils and face paint.
An alternative is to use colorful makeup pencils, eyeliners and eye shadows.
Experiment with cheap makeup items that you find in the drugstore. Take advantage of those eye shadows you don’t normally wear.
By combining subtle colors with more dramatic ones it’s possible to create a variety of looks.
Remember this fairy makeup tip: Light and dark colors add visual interest.
“Face painting can be done with makeup!”
Fairy Makeup Design Tips
Some of the best designs are planned on paper first. By designing your look on paper you’ll be able to tell if the colors work together and see immediately any revisions that you might need to make.
It’s enjoyable to think up new fantasy designs and you’ll have a master plan sheet to work with any time you want to use face painting to recreate your best designs. When you finally apply the design to your favorite fairy’s face you can individualize it to her taste.
Drawing Fantasy Faces
1. Use water color paper to draw your design. It has a rougher surface that your shadows and pencils will adhere to.
2. Stiff brushes work the best for “scrubbing” the eye shadow colors on.
3. Colored pencils and pastels come in so many colors that you may find one to draw your designs with on paper.
4. Outlining lighter colors with darker ones will emphasize them.
5. Lighten darker designs with a highlight color.
6. You can use a light spray of your hairspray to “set” the design on paper.
7. Final touches can be added with sequins. Eyelash adhesive can be used in place of glue.
Fantasy Fairy Makeup Tips
If you apply a makeup primer first you’ll find that the pencils glide on and the eyeshadows adhere better. Not only that, it will make them last longer. Then it’s time to draw your designs.
Start with simple designs like flowers and leaves on the sides of the face or cheeks. Create flower petals with lipstick or eyeshadows and then further define the designs with your cosmetic pencils. When it comes to fairy face makeup tips the best one is that you can do flowing free form designs.Fairy face makeup was meant to be fun.
- Add metallic eyeshadow to your flowers
- Create finishing touches with glitter cosmetics
- Top off the look with lip stain in bright pink.
- Add silver or gold highlighter to the top of the cheeks.
Remember, when you are creating fairy faces there are no rules. It’s a time to have fun with makeup and engage in playful fun!
Important Fairy Makeup Tip: Do not use art materials as makeup on your face. Only use cosmetics or professional face paint. The best makeup is always safe makeup!