Tips To Enliven Your Fantasy Looks
Exploring Fairy Makeup Ideas
The whole point of exploring fantasy looks is to try something different. Makeup and facepainting combine to take your looks to a new level. Here’s a fun list of ways you can create new looks along with makeup tips to get it right. Try a totally new look or modify one you already wear.
- Bright fairy makeup – Choose a bright pink and pair it with bright blue. You could do blue for the eyes and hot pink for the lips.
- If you’re into forest fairie looks try outlining green leaves on your face and shoulders. You can use eyeliner pens in green and brown. Stencils work well if you like to dab the color.
- Take inspiration from photos of tropical fish or parrots. You find some really neat ways to work with eyeshadow colors and pair them.
- Play up one feature. You could do just your eyes and then add glitter makeup or crystal tattoos to emphasis them. Grouping crystals together brings the look into focus.
- If you’re wearing a flower design in your hair then try drawing flowers on just your cheek. It’s perfect cheek art and you you’ll find it’s one of the easiest designs to do.
- Butterfly fairy designs are always fun but if you’re feeling like it’s a little more than you can do then opt for using fake butterfly wings. Just adhere them with eyelash adhesive.
- One color designs can be striking if the color is placed beyond the areas you would normally expect. For instance you could use just green in a design above the eyebrows going down onto your cheeks.
- Using the above idea, you’ve probably seen gothic make up looks using lightening bolts that are applied above the eyebrow going down onto the cheeks. A similar look could be done with leaf or branch designs.
Go ahead and let your imagination run wild. Remember to take a photo each time you do a look so that you’ll be able to see what modifications need to be made.