Face Spray Makeup Tips
Facial Mist Sprays
Facial spray products are commonly used to freshen dehydrated skin, but they are not limited to just that. In fact you can use them through the makeup application process:
They are a quick way to cleanse the skin.
One spray is all it takes to hydrate the skin.
They can be used as a makeup setting spray.
The secret to making it work for you is in recognizing that larger droplets are okay for cleansing or hydrating prior to makeup application, but that a fine mist is needed for setting makeup.
In order to set the makeup, always spray from a distance. If you get too close you might ruin your makeup application – as if you had been in the rain.
Tip: Facial mist up close only for cleansing or hydration.
Seven Tips For Face Spray
1. Choose a face spritzer with a fine mist.
2. Select a product which you can handle easily – smaller is better.
3. Spray on from a distance and let set for a few moments, then apply moisturizer or your best makeup primer. This way you seal in the hydration.
4. If you are applying mineral makeup and want it to give more coverage you can mist you kabuki makeup brush first. Then dip into the powder and apply.
5. This type of spray works for mineral concealer also. You do it the same way – spray your smaller concealer brush, then dip into the mineral makeup and spot conceal.
6. A quick spritz on a white makeup wedge will keep it from absorbing your liquid foundations.
7. Finally, if you are wearing mineral makeup and need it to last the entire evening, then use a fine spray after you have applied your sheer powder. It will act as a setting spray.
Once you experience the refreshing feel you get from using a facial mist, you’ll want to try several types. Each one is a little different, but they’re the perfect pick-me-up to hydrate your skin any time of the year.