Bold, Beautiful And Slightly Wicked Eyes
Dramatic Eye Makeup Techniques
Creating drama with makeup is all about light and shadow and doing the unexpected. For this type of makeup, you play against type. If people normally see you in bright eyeshadow colors – go neutral. If you normally prefer subtle shades then go deep or try vivid colors. You want to use color and contrast. Then keep the focus on your eyes.
Color – Start by trying the look with the eyeshadow colors that are right for your eyes. You’ll find great suggestions on these pages:
Contast – Dramatic eye makeup looks call for adding contrast. Set off your colors by highlighting.
Focal Point – The easy way to keep the focus on your eyes is to wear pale lipstick.
Create elegance with dramatic eye makeup tips.
Dramatic Eye Makeup Pictures
These dramatic eye makeup pictures show two different versions that are both easy to do. The first one shows how to apply this eye makeup style for small or close set eyes.
Use these two dramatic eye makeup tips to “open” your eyes. If you apply highlighter at the inner corner of your eye area and then also a line of highlighter at the outer corner your eyes will appear larger.
For wide-set eyes or lids that have a larger eyelid area try these dramatic eye makeup tips:
Apply dark eyeshadow for smokey eyes to the lid and inner area of the eye. Then extend the shadow beyond the outer corer. Highlight under the outer brow bone to make the color appear even deeper.
Dramatic Eye Makeup Techniques
Stunning designs will be easy for you to create if you select an easy makeup style to begin with. The makeup style pictured above is the best to start with.
It demonstrates how an elegant eye makeup look with nude eyeshadow, highlighting and eyeliner application draws attention to the eye area. The steps below will show you how:
1. Apply an eyeshadow base to your entire eye area.
2. Select your favorite light eyeshadow color and apply it from the lid upward to the brow bone. Shimmer colors work well for this.
3. Take a second medium range neutral eyeshadow color and apply it just slightly above the crease area of your eyelid using the model method for How To Put On Eyeshadow.
4. Use your darkest eyeliner color and apply a thin line next to your eyelashes as a guide using the makeup artist’s easy technique which reveals the simple method for How To Put On Eyeliner.
5. Line your eyes a second time and this time the liner should be a little thicker from the middle of the lid outward. It should sit on top of your first guideline.
* When you get to the outer area of your eye, tilt the line upward. This is sometimes referred to as a fishtail line.
6. It’s important to tilt the line upward to a fine point because it visually “lifts the eye” and adds a dramatic element!
7. To set off your eye makeup color, add highlighting below the eyebrow and at the inner corners of your eyes.
Dramatic eye makeup tips are easy to do if you take your time applying your eyeliner. It’s a skill that can be mastered quickly and once you do, you’ll have a makeup look that appears polished and professional.