“How To Make Your Own”
Cheap makeup kits can work every bit as well as professional makeup artist kits. When you know how to make your own you can customize them with your favorite affordable cosmetics. Think of it – Your favorite makeup colors all coordinated for use whenever you want to apply them.
Makeup kits are a fun way to organize cosmetics!
DIY Makeup Kit Essentials
There are several items you’ll need in order to put together your own cheap makeup kits:
- Whatever you are going to use as a palette to insert your colors. You can use old kits, plastic cd covers, or even mint tins like the type candy comes in.
- Small, thin magnets. You can get these at the hobby stores and you can even buy magnetic sheets like the type you use for refrigerator magnets. You can also use a glue gun if you prefer, but you won’t be able to move your cosmetic colors around in the palette if you do.
- Used eyeshadow, blush and lip gloss tins or colors that have been de-panned from their original containers.
How To Make Your Own Makeup Kits
The very first thing you want to do is clean your items. Remove old labels and take a little cotton swab dipped in alcohol. Wipe out the interior of the item you are using as a cheap makeup kit. Let it dry completely.
De-pan any of the makeup products that you need to and clean off the base of the product to make it smooth.
You can use a magnetic sheet and just cut it to the size of the cd cover, peel of the backing and adhere it inside your cheap makeup kits. You can also just place small magnets wherever you want to put your small eyeshadow tins. If you do that, then you’ll need to adhere them probably with a hot glue gun.
Now that you have prepped your container it’s time to insert your products. This is done by simply placing small magnets on the back of your eyeshadow pans or blush pans. This way when you place your eyeshadow pans on the magnetic sheet they’ll stay and not move around inside your palette.
Makeup Kit Ideas
You’ve probably already figured out which makeup kits will work best for you. Maybe it’s your favorite lipsticks or perhaps your best eyeshadow colors with a lipgloss or two. Here are a few other cheap makeup kits that are fun to do:
1. Your own summer makeup looks palette filled with your favorite powder bronzer, gold eyeshadow color, coral blush and favorite lip gloss colors.
2. An old Twilight DVD cover with a magnetic sheet inside to hold all your favorite vampire makeup or halloween makeup colors. That way you just grab it for to recreate your favorite makeup style.
3. Make one filled with the best natural makeup colors that work for you. You can do the same to make a fall makeup kit or even your own mauve makeup palette.
Cheap makeup kits are a great way to stash a your makeup products in your purse or jacket. They’re handy for doing your makeup on the run and when you’re finished using up your products you can just insert some new favorite colors. It’s a great way to organize your makeup products!