How To Copy Any Look With Ease
Have you ever tried to copy celebrity makeup looks but met with little success? Did you ever wonder if maybe it was just you or if perhaps there was another reason your new look didn’t work out? Well, wonder no more because you are about to find out a system to copy any look.
The Truth About Makeup Pictures
When you’re looking at makeup pictures – celebrity makeup looks – in a magazine, perhaps even on the cover, you’re bound to see a celebrity looking totally gorgeous. In fact, she probably looks perfect. So perfect that you’d really like to ‘Get The Look.’ Of course, you already know that the picture has probably been enhanced somehow. So, what you do is look for the products that the makeup artist used on her. Right?
Not so fast. That’s the problem and the big secret in the industry. Look again at the recommended list. It might use different wording. There will be phrases like “to get this look” or “recommended products” or “best picks.”
These are non-specific phrases. It doesn’t say “our makeup artist used this lipstick in this color and then topped if off with this color.” It doesn’t say that these are the exact colors> used. But don’t worry, there is still a method for figuring out the makeup style.
How To Define Makeup Styles
Six Steps To A New Look
There is a way to copy the look of your favorite celebrity without relying on the magazines. It’s a fairly simple process, too.
1. Define the look. Most celebrities have a well defined makeup style. You’ll see them wear essentially the same colors over and over again. This is a key to celebrity makeup looks. It’s their signature pink lipstick. Or maybe, they are the golden girl type. Could it be they always have on red lipstick or dark eyeliner? Is it a natural look? Maybe a fall look? Or is it their summer look?
2. Once you have identified the type of look you want then narrow it down further. Skim through the photos and find a celebrity with the same type of coloring as you have. For instance, find one with the same color of hair, eyes and skintone that you have. Now, find a makeup picture of that same celebrity wearing colors that match the look you are trying to achieve. (It’s not that hard.)
3. Take the picture and TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN. Why? Turning a picture upside down is a trick that allows you to see exactly where makeup was placed. This works because our eyes are not used to seeing a person upside down. Don’t believe me? Try it. Use a magazine photo with a close-up of a model’s face. Do you see where the makeup artist placed the eyeshadow, blush and highlights? Neat trick isn’t it!
4. Isolate the colors. With the picture upside down take a good look at the colors. What you need to do is to take that photo and start going through your makeup to match. What if you can’t find the colors?
5. If you have difficulty matching colors there is another way to do it. Go online to a site like threecustom.com. You can see the colors in the range and begin to find the difference in depth.
6. What you will begin to notice is a trend…most cosmetic companies have so many colors that you can find a copycat version in your price range. If not, then “tweak” your lipstick color with a custom lipgloss recipe.
You can copy celebrity makeup looks by defining the style of makeup and then selecting colors that will approximate the look. Start with selecting a lip color. Then an eyeshadow. Decide whether it’s a light eyeliner or heavily lined eye and the color used. Follow it up with a little blush and shimmer if you are wearing it.
Using this system, you’ll find that matching celebrity makeup looks gets easier each time. It’s just a matter of practice.