Mix It, Layer It And Wear It!
Have you ever thought to buy cheap makeup? If so, you’re not alone because choosing inexpensive makeup products is now the “in” thing to do. Inexpensive makeup is flying off the shelves so fast that the major cosmetic companies are rushing out new affordable makeup items. The good news is that there are ways to mix these products, layer them and make them work for you.
You can get a cover look using cheap makeup!
How To Buy Cheap Makeup
The first thing you want to do when you buy cheap makeup is to try and select colors that have more pigment in them. There are three real winners in this category that have high intensity pigment concentrations in them and the products are very affordable:
- Loreal HIP High Intensity Pigments Concentrated Eyeshadow
- Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick
If you combine the colors from just these three lines you can actually get a makeup look that rivals a model cover look. The HIP line was the first to hit the drugstore shelves with eyeshadows that really could give you a superb smoky eyes makeup look. To top it off they added wonderful lip gloss colors. Cover Girl was next with their high intensity Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow.
Maybelline is the latest company to offer intense pigment makeup products – lipstick and lip gloss with sensational color. In fact, it’s called ColorSensational Lipstick. I picked up Park Avenue Peach #535 the other day for only $5. Talk about great color! The colors in the pink range are outstanding. What I really like is that you can even buy the same exact color in their lip gloss formulation. Sheer or concentrated color? It’s up to you.
Customizing Cheap Cosmetics
CoverGirl Eyeshadow is also a great product for combining. There’s even a makeup tutorial for creating custom homemade eyeshadow using Maybelline Mousse Eyeshadow with a blue eyeshadow product from CoverGirl. From that one makeup recipe alone, you can have all the colors you need to do a complete blue eyeshadow makeup look.
Did you know that you can also use peach and pink eyeshadow colors and then add the pigment to a mousse blush? It’s another way to stretch your makeup dollars.
How To Layer Cheap Makeup
When you buy cheap makeup you can be well on your way to a great makeup look if you remember to layer your products.
If you choose a deeper lipstick color, even one that isn’t high intensity, you can then use a cheap lip gloss color over it. In fact, cheap lip gloss is one of my favorites.
For just a dollar you can get a crystal or light gold lip gloss color that works well to tone down darker colors.
This technique of pairing darker and lighter colors will also work for blush and eyeshadow selections. So, keep this makeup tip in mind for your next makeup haul – For one dollar you can find great highlight colors.
Cheap Eyeshadow Makeup Tips
Cheap eyeshadow, even the ones for a dollar, can be used as a highlighting product.
- You can use one of the eyeshadow crayons you pick up for a dollar as a highlighter under your eyebrow on the brow bone to emphasize your eyebrow line. It gives a visual lift to your eyelids.
- Apply a little to the inner corner of your eyes. These products often have very little tint to them, but just enough glisten to make them work for you.
- If you decide to buy cheap makeup realize that you might need to mix the product to make it work for you.
- To darken eyeshadow, simply add a little distilled water to your makeup brush. Just dab your brush in it and then tab on the eyeshadow. It gives immediate intensity to the product.
- Use eyeshadow makeup in the dry form to shade your eyes, then use it intensified with water as a darker color in the crease and as eyeliner. It’s a great way to use a darker color that coordinates automatically.
When you buy cheap makeup, take your time to select a basic favorite color that closely matches expensive makeup colors. Layer your products and wear them for everyday makeup looks or intensify them for formal makeup looks. The best part is that no will ever know but you!