“Blue Eyeshadow Tips”
If you love blue eyeshadow there’s good news. Anyone can wear this color. Yes, even if you have blue eyes you can still wear it! The key is in knowing which shade to select and how to apply it. These pro makeup tips will show you how to find your perfect blue, and apply it the right way.
Light Eyes or Dark Eyes
When it comes to selecting the color, the mistake most women make is going too dark for their own eye color.
Make sure that you choose a color that is as light, or lighter than your own color of eyes.
As you can see from the photo even women with blue eyes can wear beautiful blue eye shadow colors.
The makeup trick is to create contrast.
“Blue eye shadow can enhance all eye colors!”
Blue Eyeshadow Tutorial
There’s an easy way to make sure that you get the right shade of blue every single time. It’s as simple as 1-2-3.
1. Use two colors of eyeshadow. This is especially true if you have light eyes.
2. First, apply a white or ivory eye shadow color to the entire eye area.
3. Then layer the blue over the white. It will naturally appear lighter.
Now balance out the look. You don’t want the color to be too light so add contrast to your look:
1. Dip your brush in droplet of distilled water.
2. Pick up a little of the blue color on it.
3. Line your eyes with a thin line of blue close to the lash line.
There is a makeup tutorial for getting it right every single time on the How To Put On Eyeliner page.
Blue Eyeshadow Looks
The look above works for several reasons. Here are more makeup tips that explain why this makeup application method works:
- First, it doesn’t overpower the eye color.
- Second, it combines a little lighter aqua color with a blue that is more in the violet range.
- Combining colors blended in this manner keeps the eye from looking all blue.
- If you have darker skin, then simply start with a darker blue color.
- Darker skin colors can even go with colors leaning more towards the green.
- Deep turquoise and teal blues look outstanding on women with dark skin and brown eyes!
Top With Black Mascara
Finish the look by using black mascara applied with the easy method outlined on the Mascara Tipspage. You want to use black mascara because it will naturally appear darker than the blue eyeshadow – breaking up a too blue look.
Longer lashes look stunning when you’re wearing colors from the sea.
You can even add false eyelashes for a dramatic makeup look.